Thursday, September 14, 2006

Room with a View

Some readers have been grousing that I don't post enough photographs, so here are a few of the Grand Caravan I've been instructing in. I could get used to this.

It was a bit odd at first, climbing up the ladder on the right side. And there's no cargo barrier net to grab a hold of and pull myself up.




This is where the cargo goes ...



We were in search of Instrument Meteorological Conditions today and we were in luck.



A partial partial panel ILS and it's looking GOOD!

7 comments:

Jason said...

Cool shots! Thanks!

Jack said...

Nice pictures John...yeah, I could get used to something like that too. Funny, all my partial panel work involved *two* instrument covers. Maybe you were just being nice? :-)

John said...

Jack,

That's why I said it was "partial" partial panel. The HSI will get covered up later in this gentleman's training.

Mike said...

I like the Turn Time Twist Throttle Talk placard.

Even pilots at that level have to be reminded.

My standard callout is Turn Tist Twime Tartle Throck.

Jack said...

Ah, my bad, missed the partial partial piece. Good to know you'll be inflicting more torture...er, um...educational opportunities on this van driver :-)

chicpilot said...

That looks so much better than a Tweet... I think we are permanently partial panel. Time turn throttles twist track talk anyone?

Flyin Dutchman said...

Hot looking airplane to be instructing in !